Co-Directors: Dr. Michael Griswold
and Derek Pouchnik
The WSU Molecular Biology and Genomics Core began in the early 1990s (originally named the Laboratory for Biotechnology and Bioanalysis). This core was established as a service center to provide access to instrumentation that was too expensive for individual labs to purchase. Over the past 20 years, with the assistance of the Center for Reproductive Biology, M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust, NIH, and others, the core lab has evolved into a state-of-the-art service facility.
The core lab is directed by Dr. Michael Griswold in the School of Molecular Biosciences and currently has four full time personnel. The facilities are housed in two laboratories in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Building (rooms 127 and 227). We have a multitude of services and instrumentation available in the fiels of molecular biology, genomics, and proteomics.
Services and Instruments:
- Affymetrix Microarrays (Affymetrix GeneChip workstation)
- Sanger Dye Deoxy DNA Sequencing (ABI 3730)
- DNA Fragment Analysis (ABI 3730)
- Next Generation Sequencing (454 Life Sciences and Ion Torrent PGM)
- Lab on a Chip (Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer)
- NanoDrop ND1000 Spec.
- Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics (Bruker HTC-Ion Trap Mass Spec.)
- Accurate Mass Analysis (ABI Maldi-TOF/TOF)
- Peptide Synthesis
- Real Time PCR (2 ABI 7500 Fast)
Cost of Services:
The Molecular Biology and Genomics Core offers many services. Please conact us for pricing information if the service is not listed below.
- Sanger Dye Deoxy Sequencing
- Affymetrix Microarrays
Cost of arrays plus up to $150.00 for sample processing
Contact Derek Pouchnik (509-335-1174 or email@example.com)
- DNA Fragment Analysis
- Next Generation Sequencing
Please contact Mark Wildung (509-335-1174 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lab on a Chip
High Sensitivity DNA chip and RNA pico chip starting at $40/chip
- Mass Spectometry, Peptide Synthesis and HPLC
Please contact Gerhard Munske (509-335-8670 or email@example.com)